Enrico Greppi Award
The Italian Society for the Study of Headaches announces
THE ENRICO GREPPI AWARD 2016 - 18th Edition
The Italian Society for the Study of Headaches (SISC) announces the competition of the Enrico Greppi Award 2016 — 18th Edition. The award will be granted to the best unpublished original paper dealing with clinical, epidemiological, genetic, pathophysiological or therapeutic aspects of headache. The prize amounts to € 10,000 and is open to researchers of all nationalities. The papers must be submitted in accordance with the editorial instructions of The Journal of Headache and Pain. The winning article will be published ex officio in The Journal of Headache and Pain within three months of the award presentation. The remaining papers are considered as submitted to The Journal of Headache and Pain and may be published after undergoing the peer-review process. The 2016 award is endorsed by the European Pain Federation (EFIC®) and the European Headache Federation (EHF). The winner will be invited to present the paper at the 5th European Headache and Migraine Trust International Congress - EHMTIC, to be held in Glasgow on 15-18 September 2016. Manuscripts should be submitted to The Journal of Headache and Pain at www.editorialmanager.com/tjhp from the 1st January 2016 to the 31st May 2016.
Rules for the Enrico Greppi Award
1. The Italian Society for the Study of Headaches sponsors an award in memory of Enrico Greppi, pioneer and expert in the study of headache.
2. The award is assigned to an unpublished paper dealing with clinical, epidemiological, genetic, pathophysiological or therapeutic aspects of headache. Competing papers must be written in accordance with the editorial instructions of The Journal of Headache and Pain, which can be found at www.editorialmanager.com/tjhp. 3. All researchers in the headache field may compete for the award. Members of SISC, EFIC® and EHF Boards of Directors may compete as well, if they are not serving on the Selection Committee and did not participate in the nomination of the Selection Committee. 4. The award winner will be invited to present his/her paper at the 5th European Headache and Migraine Trust International Congress - EHMTIC.
5. The award is of € 10,000, which will be received during the 5th European Headache and Migraine Trust International Congress — EHMTIC along with a certificate signed by all members of the Selection Committee.
6. The competition will be announced on the EFIC® and EHF official journals, as well as on other scientific area journals. Within three months from the announcement of the award, The Journal of Headache and Pain will publish the winning manuscript ex officio. This manuscript will be waived from the Article Processing Charge and will include the list of members of the Selection Committee. The remaining papers are submitted to The Journal of Headache and Pain and may be published after undergoing the peer-reviewing process.
7. The Selection Committee will be composed by the SISC President as chairman, the EFIC® and EHF Presidents, the Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Headache and Pain or a delegate, one member of the SISC Board of Directors and two members chosen from international experts in the headache and related pain field. The SISC Board of Directors nominates the Committee. Should the SISC President not be able to chair, the oldest member of the Committee will assume his role. Each Committee member will judge the competing papers on a scale from 0 to 10 through The Journal of Headache and Pain submission system. The scores of at least four Committee members are necessary to determine the winner. The winning paper must receive an average score of not less than 6. In the case of a tie, the President's vote will have a double value. Should a tie persist, there will be a random drawing in the presence of a notary. No award will be assigned if less than four judges send their scores or if no paper receives a score of at least 6. In this case the award amount will be deposited in the prize funds.
8. The competing manuscripts must be submitted to www.editorialmanager.com/tjhp choosing Greppi Award as article type from the 1st January 2016 to the 31st May 2016.
Expression of messenger molecules and receptors in rat and human sphenopalatine ganglion
A. Steinberg, S.D. Frederiksen, F.W. Blixt, K. Warfvinge, L. Edvinsson